Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Symbol reflection _(:з」∠)_

1. While using Photoshop, what was the most frustrating aspect of the program and/ of the project?
For me, the most frustrating aspect of this project was making the transitional frames. When first creating the different layers, my transition was not smooth at all since I tried to add in the details all at once. For example, I drew the facial features all in one frame, and that made my transition to the next frame very abrupt. As a result, I had to go back and create additional frames to show the gradual change in the person's mood.

2. After completing the project, which tool do you feel most confident in using?
The tools I feel most confident in using are the paintbrush tool, the Elliptical Marquee tool, as well as the eyedropper tool. Since the paintbrush tool and the eyedropper tool exist in many computers' paint program, I was pretty familiar with them even before I was introduced to Photoshop. The Elliptical Marquee, however, was something new. But I soon grew accustomed to using it as well because my whole gif basically revolves around it, like the making of the head, the eyes, and the doughnut.

3. Which tool do you wish you were better at using? Why?
I wish I was better at using the different transformation tools (distort, warp, perspective & skew). They were just something new to me, and also really interesting to manipulate with when I tried to apply them. Though I tried to experiment with all four tools, I only applied the warp tool onto my gif, since I was still a bit unsure exactly how they work.

4. What would you like to create next in Photoshop?
For the next Photoshop project, I anticipate editing photographs we take and apply different techniques to them. For example, I once seen someone apply the water reflection effect to their photo, and the whole water ripple effect was just really cool. The perspective warp tool was also really interesting, since it allows you to change the perceived vintage point the photo was taken from.

6 comments:

  1. this is so cute! that gif describes me every weekend :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your GIF is so adorable! I like how you added the crumbs on his face. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SOOOOO ADORBS! It's so chubby ^^. I love the idea of chubbiness. You make the idea very clear with the junk food. Nice work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your color choice for the background. It gives contrast to your gif and it isn't a stark contrast between the other colors, so it is soothing to the eye. In addition, I like the uneven lines for the character because that shows more of who you are, giving it a unique quality. It's so cute omg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you can see each part of the character form shape by shape as it makes for an interesting build up. I really like the small touch you made with the bites taken out of the food; I think this came out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gif is adorable! It flowed really well between each frame. I also love the colors you chose! The mint is really pretty~

    ReplyDelete